Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lost City

I feel very productive!  In the last 2 weeks I have finished 2 quilt tops!

This UFO was begun about 7 years ago, and now the last bit - the borders - are done too.  I'm very pleased with it!  I will quilt each edge of the blue sashing, and am still undecided if I need to quilt at all inside the 5x8 monster blocks.







 I spent a little time machine quilting a block - part of the Lovebird Lane hanging - also a UFO.  Lots of quilting to do yet.






I began this throw (55x55) a week ago.  It's not a UFO - just part of my quilting chronicle.  It's Cuzco Lost City by Kate Spain, made during CutLoose class at Sewing Party.  My design wall was essential placing these blocks.






Now trying to decide my next challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Fun monster quilt. What about just outlining the monsters in those 5x8 blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right - it sure is a lot of monsters though...

      Delete
  2. Your monster quilt is really cute. If you are going to be giving it to a child and it is going to get lots of love, I think it will need more quilting. Can you do an all over design over the entire quilt instead of the outlining? Your lovebird lane wall hanging is so adorable. I have a thing for birds this year. I just bought a pattern that is hand applique that has blue birds on it. Lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, unfortunately I can't do an all over design because the doors open and need to hang free. I love that bird hanging too. A lot of time needed for it - but I think it will be worth it!

      Delete