Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hanging Gardens progress

I worked all week adding more machine quilting to my Hanging Gardens quilt - 'meandered' along all the sashing, and added a sort of angled paisley on each lantern/garden.  I'm really pleased with the result and plan on hanging it in my living room - as soon as I add a sleeve...




This is the 'before'- very baggy!

Bugsy takes every opportunity to get into the picture!

In our friendship group meeting last night, we decided to share our skills and I think I got signed up for needle-turn applique!?  I'll have to check!  and review!  Next month Fran is going to show us how to work with felt - something I've never done.  Sounds like fun!

I plan on working more on my BOTM blocks today - maybe I'll be caught up and be prepared to share them at our Modern Quilt Guild meeting next week.  Sometime this week, I'd like to work more on Picaso 3 before posting again so that I can display a group of photos instead of 1 at a time.

Spring birthdays in our family!  Daughter-in-law, 2 granddaughters, and daughter!  My daughter 'repinned' several quilt ideas, so that gives me an idea what she likes and what to make for her birthday.  Pinterest comes in very handy sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment