Friday, March 1, 2013

A New Guild

This week I've joined a new quilt guild - my 4th! - Modern Quilt Guild.  I can see I will like it a lot!  Contemporary fabrics and designs, make-up-your-own patterns - can't wait!

In the meantime, I've been working on my plank quilt.  I didn't like it at all when I first made it - but I'm feeling better about it since adding the borders.







 The hanging gardens quilt top is almost done - the inner part is squared up ready to add the borders.  The inner dark border is the same as the accent on the quilt body, and the outer border is similar to the background - just a bit darker.  The pattern called for the borders to be more elaborate but I ran out of the right fabric to do that.  The back will be the patterned fabric and the soft green.

I have finished (almost) 3 tops in the last couple of weeks - time to layer them so they don't turn in to UFOs!


Also thinking about what to start next!  Fun!!







No comments:

Post a Comment