Sunday, March 30, 2014

End of March

It's the end of March and I have nothing finished or even in work to show for this month!  I follow ExuberantColor's blog - read it every morning with my coffee, and wish I accomplished a fraction of her work.  Part of my reason is many of my projects are very long term - elaborate hand appliqué begun by my mother and continued by me - hopefully in my lifetime!  And I'm also a non-finisher - good intentions, bad follow-through.

I just learned that one of my quilting buddies has cancer.  I'm putting off visiting her until I can do so without crying.  I remember doing the same with my mother, and when I finally got to the hospital, she was happily talking with one of the hospital attendants about his daughter!  I'm at loose ends today.

I encourage my family to take quilts that they like, but that just doesn't happen.  At first it bothered me that they just don't like/appreciate them, but I realize that I really make them for ME.  Some I don't like anymore - some are purple, some are old-fashioned jewel tones, but I look back and see that I learned something from each one and that is important to me.  I take photos and give those to philanthropy and document what I learned in my quilting book.

I'm going to quilt some today - more appliqué and a fabric Easter basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment