Saturday, March 1, 2014

Morning Glory Progress

No quilting finishes at all so far this year!  I got a new mac early this year and have been taking classes, learning everything I can.  I transferred all photos from my PC, and I now know a LOT about iPhoto.  I have basic knowledge on most other things, but still have trouble printing.



I finally finished the last bit of appliqué on this second corner of my morning glory quilt.  I also pieced the rest of the flower and leaf units for the remaining two corners.




I have a good start on the stems of the 3rd corner.  The stems are my least favorite part!





Mama took this photo of the finished quilt.  Jeri Lopes designed it, and she sent me instructions after mama died so that I could finish what mama started.  There was no pattern.  Mama had bought the fabric - so much that both my cousin Marce and I had enough to complete our quilts.  We began in 1995, and Marce finished hers long ago!  Hopefully I won't take too many more years to finish mine.











Here is my Riley Blake challenge quilt - that was due to be 'flicker'd a week ago.  It's still in strips on my design wall.





I had a visitor a few weeks ago - a heron, I believe.  I don't know why he is so far inland.  











Maybe I'll finish something in March. 







No comments:

Post a Comment