Saturday, September 27, 2014

Books and Fabric

I've decided to blog about anything at all that I am interested in - not just about quilts.

Books:  I've finished the series of J.D.Robb's 'In Death' series through 'Concealed in Death.'   I don't think her latest two are up to the standards of her 30-some earlier ones.

I decided to read Asimov's science fiction series.  Here they are in logical order (not published order):
  • the Robot Novels: I, Robot, Caves of Steel, Naked Sun, Robots of Dawn, Robots and Empire
  • Galactic Empire Novels: Currents of Space, Stars Like Dust, Pebble in the Sky
  • Foundation Series: Prelude to Foundation, Forward the Foundation, Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation, Foundation's Edge, Foundation and Earth
Fabric: Most of my fabric is inherited and 20-30 years old.  I have used very little of it, and it's time to get rid of it - find new homes for it if possible.  I want to get new fabric - contemporary fabric, and have very little of it.  The old fabric is in grocery bags ready to go, but Joan suggested I wait awhile until I'm sure that it should go, and I think that's a good idea.  Now, what fabric will I get.  One of the ladies in the Modern Quilt Guild uses very contemporary fabric, and I talked to her to find how she finds her fabric.  There are several really good ones there at Moore's and I will get some of it today maybe.  Some of it is "Paint" by Carrie Bloomston for Windham, and I've been looking online at her other lines.  I found another online - "Meadowlark" by Melanie Teste for Windham also.  It's fun to browse online!  I'll also look among my fabrics for the designers I like.



No comments:

Post a Comment