Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year

New year - yayyy!  I promise to quilt more - I swear!  I don't make new years' resolutions, but there are a few things that I do every year - clean out my purse, my wallet, the refrigerator (anything that's green and not a veggie), and the freezer (anything that's all frost).  I also ready an envelope to hold the income tax forms that will come soon.

I still read a lot - 15 books in the last 3 weeks.  I finished the Asimovs, caught up on Evanovitch and Grafton, and found a few new authors (Linda Barnes) that I like.  And I have a new toy - an iPhone 6+ that I LOVE!  And I have really fallen for SIRI - say good morning to her even - except that she's not speaking to me right now - I need to call the apple store.

My Bernina is being serviced - it's still under warrantee.  I took it in the day before Christmas and it will be gone a month!!  I can use my go-to machine but I don't really want to, and there are things I want to start!!  My friendship group, the battGirls, is making a butterfly quilt - a stack and slash(?).  We chose the fabrics and cut them, and I have a portion to do and hope my group won't be disappointed that I'm not starting for 3 weeks.  Here it is:

 At Christmas time, I got a photo of all my grandchildren with me - not often that they are all in place at one time.
At our MQG Christmas party, we had a block race.  Here are my race mates and me - we got 2nd place.
 We brought lots of dishes, talked a bunch, and took a group picture - that I haven't got a copy of yet.






I made a table runner for our Yankee Swap - a friendship braid.  I'm very proud of it!  I've forgotten the name of the fabric I used, but the binding is a Philip Jacobs that matched it perfectly.  The person who ended up with it was really happy with it! I'm told the fabric I used is by Anna Marie Horner.


Well, now that I've caught up, I will quilt more and blog less.



No comments:

Post a Comment