Saturday, January 31, 2015

Progress

Journaling is a way of pushing me to work so that I have something TO journal!

So, I finished the paper-pieced house and tree at least - may work more on it another time.  But I FINISHED the 2 blocks I started.  Cute - isn't it!








At our guild meeting, we were encouraged to make pillow cases to put toward the million pillowcase challenge. Our philanthropy chair made 75 kits for us to take home and make.  I just chose 3 because I've never made one.  These are the easy turn-inside-out ones.  Here is my first one - that I FINISHED, didn't leave half-done.









I'm looking at ideas for our 'Bloom' guild challenge - here is an idea I found online.  I'm thinking about making a large flower off-center and petals here and there - or scattered improvisational as the designer suggests.  It's and orange peel, using a stitch-and-flip method.








One of our guild members suggested a group BOM block and will email us the pattern.

Well, it's a start, and I'm hoping to continue working in February.



No comments:

Post a Comment