Friday, January 30, 2015

No finishes

Not much progress this month - lots of 'starting' and 'still working on', but no finished.  I sure hope to change that.  One reason is that I've still been doing a lot of reading - more Linda Barnes, Nora Roberts' bride series again, and restarting J. D. Robb's 'in Death' series.  A new book is 'Outlander' -  I loved it - looking forward to the second in that series.  I've also been doing PT and I think it may be helping some.

I have several projects in work.  The butterfly quilt my friendship group is doing is coming along - I wish we were working at a slower pace though.  My monday quilt group is doing a paper-pieced house hanging - it will be beautiful, but is really slow-going.  I've done paper-piecing once long ago, and have a hard time starting each unit.  I have almost finished 1 house and half a tree - haha.  There are 4 houses and a tree in each of 5 rows I think.

Flying Geese Guild is starting a UFO challenge - hosted by our friend Marjie!  I made my list of 6 items: the witch hanging, philanthropy baby quilt, Christmas cat, hunter star, the Mama quilt, and the sashiko moon and waves.  The first one is due in March.

Our Modern Quilt Guild met last night is always so inspiring! - the show and tell quilts and people going to Quiltcon in Austin.  I shared my new book - 100 Modern Quilt Blocks - several members had the book already.  Our current guild challenge is a Bloom quilt - due at March meeting.  I'm thinking about what I will do for it.  The national modern quilt guild is supporting a riley blake challenge - Cottage Garden fabric - due in July - we post pics in instagram.

On to quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment