Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Getting started for Christmas

It's not that long until Christmas, so I'm getting ready.  I like my gifts to be home-made as much as possible

I made a Christmas Tree table runner this week.  It's a quilt-as-you-go basic runner, and I appliqued these Christmas trees from Melinda Bula's Candy Cane Lane book. It's only 42" long, so it will go on a small table or buffet.

There are several other designs from that book I'd like to make - especially the snowmen family.  That crazy-pieced border looks interesting to make too.


The kit for this baby quilt was a door prize at my local guild.  What a nice gift!  It's a large log cabin block with borders at each end - the outer border will be scalloped.  The wild patterns may keep this baby awake!


I had my 70th birthday this month!  Yikes!!  I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting old...  Here I am with my sons and their families.  Most of my grandchildren are taller than I am!


I'd like to get a portable OTT light that I can use in my living room at night for handwork.  There's a very heavy floor model upstairs, but I like to watch tv while I handsew.  It will be really handy to take to classes and to scrapbooking sessions too.  Just deciding which model I'd like to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment