Monday, September 30, 2013

progress

I didn't make as much progress this week as I wanted, but I did do some quilty activity.

At our Modern Quilt guild meeting this week, I displayed my small hanging - my first attempt at making a modern quilt and my first attempt to make a quilt without a pattern. I think it looks more like an art quilt than a modern quilt and will go into the drawer as a learning experience, but I'm glad I made the attempt.

I shopped a sale at JoAnn's and got a bolt of batting on sale for $99.  It's a bit thinner than I'm used to working with, and I hope I haven't made an expensive mistake.  It will be perfect on the baby quilt I'm making. It will live in my closet between my ironing board and my UFO quilt tops.  I layered that baby quilt and should have it quilted soon,



I started embroidering the snow family, I enjoy embroidery, but found I didn't know how to make a sharp turns .  I plan on following a detailed explanation today, and should then make progress quickly.

I would still like to include this delicate drawn wreath in my Christmas gifts, but it looks so anemic compared to my other projects.  Maybe I should darken the drawn lines...


I hope I will make more progress this coming week.




No comments:

Post a Comment