Monday, September 16, 2013

Quilt Show

Yayyy!!  I entered quilts in our local guild's quilt show - Flying Geese Quilt Guild!  This is my first time displaying quilts and I'm really, really excited!  They won no prizes, but I got good constructive comments, both about the strong points and what could be improved.

This is Chickens on the Run, just a fun quilt...  not judged.


The blocks in Mama's Quilt were made by Mama, and I sashed them and bordered the quilt.  The blocks were hand-pieced and hand-appliqued. 

The comments were:  Charming old-fashioned color palette.  Binding technique very well executed.  Applique blocks are very well done.
Areas needing improvement:  Regarding piecing - all points should be sharp and sashing and cornerstones should align across the quilt.

My friend Connie and I both made quilts with this pattern and fabric.  The monsters peek out of openable doors.

The comments were:  Some lucky child owns a very fun and vibrant quilt.  The thoughtful placement of monsters under the doors is very whimsical.  This is just a very fun quilt to look at.  Piecing is nicely done.  Quilting motifs are appropriate.
Areas needing improvement:  On quilting motif - be mindful of quilting start and stops.  There should be no knots.

It was a wonderful day - so many wonderful quilts to see.  I white-gloved for a few hours, and my feet feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment