Thursday, October 11, 2012

UFO #1 - the squares lap quilt

I've finished quilting the main part of UFO #1.  YAYYY!  Just have some gentle quilting with my walking foot in the outer border and bind it and it's completely done!  For the main squares I used the walking foot, and for the detail in the inside of the squares I decided to use FMQ.  My FMQ is pretty bad but I'm considering this a learning quilt.  Here it is:


I followed what Leah showed us and pulled threads to the front, but at the end there were about a gazillion threads because the inner detail was not attached to anything.  I should have just tacked them at beginning and end of each line as one of my commenters suggested, and leave cheater-hiding to a different kind of project.  So I ended up just clipping the threads close and know it will ravel some.  As I said, it's just a learning quilt and will certainly keep me warm this winter. This lap top quilt is now a WIP!

2 comments: