Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Quilts

I am adding my contribution to last week's topic - Completed UFOs - before talking about my current project.  This year I organized my fabric, and organized and listed my UFOs.  Out of 36 UFOs I gave away 14 and finished 6, leaving only 16 - such a feeling of accomplishment!

My 2012 Finished Quilt Projects





The most satisfying completion is Laura's Wedding Quilt (the picture in the center) It was begun by my mother over 15 years ago, finished by me, and given to my daughter Laura on her 15th wedding anniversary.  However late, it is special to Laura because both her mother and grandmother made it for her.  The pattern is clams on the half-shell, and was machine-pieced and hand appliqued.

The other finished UFOs are the block quilt, the chicken runner, the wild runner, the star hanging, and the child's quilt. 

I did finish other non-UFO projects - the streaky quilt, the houses hanging, and the Christmas table topper for my quilt guild.  For halloween, I made a pillow and placemats.  I also repurposed a bag to a table runner.  For Christmas I made 10 table toppers - all with different fabric pairs - for the women in my family.  I even had an extra for me!


I'm starting with year with a more difficult quilt.  This is the second monster quilt I have made.  The units are finished now, and need to be assembled.  Here is the first monster quilt.  There are 21 openable doors with monsters inside.  More information here.








I'm just learning to use Picasa 3 and am a bit tentative adding pictures using it.  It is a relief to use collage pictures instead of adding each quilt picture separately.

Leah's topic this week is 'Step away from the Insanity.'  I'm afraid I'm just starting it!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so productive! And I love it, how the monsters look through the doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel productive - but it's a surprise when I look back and see my finished projects - thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. How lucky your daughter is to have such a quilt. And that monster quilt is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - she is happy with it too. I will be very happy to have finished the monster quilt!

      Delete