Sunday, January 13, 2013

small progress

Working on 2 UFOs this week - getting closer to finishing something more...

I finally appliqued the last bit of this square.  There was only an hour left to do, a stem and a flower.  So satisfying to get one step closer.

 I have another similar block and will sash and frame the two vertically - need to decide on fabric now.





The monster quilt is coming along - I need to 'square' the units before constructing the rows and adding the cornerstoned sashing.  Hmmm... I wonder if it would be better to make several smaller quilts or hangings instead of a second twin-size quilt (which I don't know what to do with).  Or maybe a baby lay-on-the-floor quilt.  Each of the 21 units is about 12x8 and the doors will be able to button open or closed.

I scrapbooked last night - just organizing my pictures in Memory Manager.  One of my scrapbooks contains finished quilts, and I've documented each - who it's for, where I got the pattern, etc.

It has hardly anything in it because I hadn't actually FINISHED any.  And now I have so many to add!  I will get my neighbor to hold them up so I can snap pictures.




I gave up this morning on re-figuring out how to make a collage in Picasa3 and will give more time to it later.  My boys are coming to take down Christmas decorations, and the cable guy will be here too, so that I can access dvr'd programs in my sewing room.  I will lose all recorded material when they make the change, so I watched Les Mis this week - and ordered the dvd of it too.  Why do they take 6-8 weeks to deliver?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely appliqué flowers! Hope your decorations are safely tucked away for another year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too - there are supposed to be 12 of them and I downsized it!

      Delete
  2. I would do a baby lay-on-the-floor quilt. With the doors it is a nice toy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, I think I will - thanks for the support!

      Delete
  3. I notice that you also do digital scrabooking. I've done some of that myself, although not lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just 'barely' getting into it - just don't take as many snaps as I used to.

      Delete