Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 progress

I'm starting out slow in this new year -
 
only working on one UFO - the monster quilt - units are finished, working on assembling the units.   I'm trying to think what to do with the 2 monster quilts - maybe save them for future great-grandchildren!


I was so happy that my car did not have any problems (the engine light had gone on) that I treated myself to visiting 2 quilt shops!  At Joann's I picked up utility items on sale - batting, interfacing, etc.


Then to Sewing Party and picked up a fat eighths bundle - moda Noteworthy, all pastels with fairly contemporary patterns.  I don't know what I will do with it and Moda's recipes have no suggestions for fat eighths.  I'm not good at making up something - I just know that I must add a solid or two, and hope there is enough fabric to make whatever I choose.
I'm also beginning a gingerbread quilt - picking out fabrics  The camera is not showing the true colors - soft tans and reds.  They  should be gingerbread and candy colors.  I will cut  the fabric today before going to Crazy Quilters guild meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment